Forum 5

Not driving as smooth as I want.

KitTheRam

Hello everyone.

My e34 525i manual touring is not used as much as it used to be but I don’t think this fully explains why I feel it’s not driving as smoothly as I would like.

One issue is the clutch has started juddering again when cold, I had a new clutch fitted a few years ago which sorted it out, but it’s been quite persistently there for a while now again. Any thoughts on why this has cropped up and what my options are?

The second issue is I feel coming off the accelerator doesn’t feel as smooth as it once did, it jerks a little in the lower gears, less so in the high when coming off to change gear, putting the power down seems ok but again could be a bit smoother perhaps. 

I had a chip upgrade from Endo which I have subsequently put back to a stock chip, it was over fuelling. Perhaps it has been less  smooth after that, I did a battery reset and have driven it enough to get rid of the issues related to that procedure. 

I know driving it more would help but it just feels a bit different and is making feel like it’s not as satisfying to drive which is a shame.

Any thoughts welcome. 

Cheers, Kit