Forum 5

Changing car dilemma !!! Asking for views

Stressed

I've a 2020 520d G31 MHT 30k miles and my wife a 2017 1 series with 20k miles. (both cars are paid for)

For nearly a year I've also had a Discovery commercial work car/van and my annual  mileage has more than halved on my G31. For our uk trips away the 1 series isn't big enough (and it's not auto). Trying to decide whether to keep both BMWs or trade them in for an X1 (new shape) boot space is only 40L down on the G31. We have hardly ever used the 5 and 1 series at the same time since getting the Disco. I know the Disco is huge but it only has 2 seats and at times on long trips I need more than 2.

Keep both cars or trade for an X1 is the question?????

Tricky one - I don't know the new X1 but we looked at the last one (recently out of production) and it just wasn't up to 5 levels of refinement by a long shot so discounted it.

I think since however BMW are upping their game with the quality of the "cheaper" cars - the 3 series is a case in point being more refined and a quality feel over the F30/31 especially the interiors.

Depreciation is usually the biggest cost of motoring and both of your current cars have had their major chunk done.