Forum 5

Music from USB

Dues anyone know if you can play music from a USB stick etc. from the USB under the armrest? Or just the front one? 
I currently use the front one but a possible phone upgrade to a slightly larger phone means I can no longer use the wireless charger for that, so will be looking to charge the phone from the front USB possibly. 
The 12v socket there is already occupied so would prefer not to use that unless I have to. 
I would check myself but I’m away for a few weeks. 

TIA

11 hours ago, ally said:

Dues anyone know if you can play music from a USB stick etc. from the USB under the armrest? Or just the front one? 
I currently use the front one but a possible phone upgrade to a slightly larger phone means I can no longer use the wireless charger for that, so will be looking to charge the phone from the front USB possibly. 
The 12v socket there is already occupied so would prefer not to use that unless I have to. 
I would check myself but I’m away for a few weeks. 

TIA

You sure can. You can use any of the USB ports and I use the one under the armrest exclusively with a permanent tiny 128GB USB stick. I extract music and playlists from iTunes and I have some multichannel FLAC music too that I've created playlists for, and it all plays perfectly from there.

• Thanks 1

Cheers Matthew

That’s good to know  

I found a service where I can now extract Apple Music tracks, where I couldn’t before, could only extract from purchased iTunes tracks, I remember you were helping me with that a while back  

I may end up ditching Apple Music, as. I think between that and the yearly cost of the service I’m using, I would be cheaper going back to purchasing from iTunes. 

I prefer using the USB than Apple CarPlay, it’s tedious and has less features. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 30/07/2023 at 19:07, ally said:

I prefer using the USB than Apple CarPlay, it’s tedious and has less features. 

Exactly! I tried CarPlay for about a week before i reverted to the BMW native interface.

• 5 weeks later...