Forum 5

Piss poor indicators on modern cars!!

Steve VH

Sitting on Lord St today near a junction, I was struck at how poor alot of indicators are on newish cars, in terms of visibility, clear lens, instead of  Amber don't help, their size, quite small inside a large clear lens housing everything else, fogs, headlights etc, and a not very bright orange light bulb. Given how important they are, letting other drivers and pedestrians know your intentions, maybe they should be made more visible, especially in sunlight, using them would be even better.

I use to think that when my traffic lights have turned from red to green via Amber, that it was safe to proceed, as it is no longer the case, as drivers speeding to jump the red light are increasing. Do me a favour, keep off the road before you cause an accident, It reminds me of the Indian taxi driver joke.

Rant over, Happy Saturday folks 

I'd agree. A lot of new cars have tail lights, brake lights, indicators etc all in locations which aren't at/near driver line of sight. Or set so low in bad road conditions you can't see the light operating. 

• Like 1

Tesla model 3 rear lights are a joke. Brake light and indicator is just a tiny little square, which in sunny day is really easy to miss. I understand they have to save as much voltage as possible, but surely safety comes first.

• Like 1

Seems to me that with the advent of EVs that many drivers are opting to not bother with indicators in order to save their power.... 😉 The amount of vehicles signalling at the very last moment or after they've started to manoeuvre is beyond belief.

• Like 1

Met one yesterday. Came up to a roundabout, saw another car approaching from the right so I stopped to give way.  He stopped and sat looking at me, then switched his indicator on and turned left. Pillock!

• Like 1