Forum 5

520d/530d xdrive mild hybrid real world mpg?

Am fairly certain a used facelift 5 diesel touring is going to be the next car after the current F11 520. I can easily get 54 mpg out of my 520d (none stop start) on a motorway run when not loaded - about 48 mpg with family dog and all associated bits.

As all facelift cars are mild hybrids with the 48v battery I'm keen the learn the mpg that is being achieved in both motorway and urban environments. 

I've a 2020 520d mht G31. North Yorkshire to east London with cruise set at 75mph journey average speed 58mph for 245 miles 62 MPG.

East to west London in rush hour traffic town driving 46-48 mpg

Compared to my 2015 520d F11 I average about 10-12% more mpg across all types of driving.

With all season tyres on the F11 and winters on the G31 I have never felt I needed x drive in 6 years and 70000 miles across the 2 cars. "beast from the eastl" in the F11 no problem at all

A friend has the x drive version of mine and he averages about 3-4mpg less than me.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 22:03, Stressed said:

I've a 2020 520d mht G31. North Yorkshire to east London with cruise set at 75mph journey average speed 58mph for 245 miles 62 MPG.

East to west London in rush hour traffic town driving 46-48 mpg

Compared to my 2015 520d F11 I average about 10-12% more mpg across all types of driving.

With all season tyres on the F11 and winters on the G31 I have never felt I needed x drive in 6 years and 70000 miles across the 2 cars. "beast from the eastl" in the F11 no problem at all

A friend has the x drive version of mine and he averages about 3-4mpg less than me.

Thanks - out of interest do you run 19" or 20" inch wheels and how to you find the ride comfort? 

Do you have the optional comfort seats? 

10 hours ago, E39mad said:

Thanks - out of interest do you run 19" or 20" inch wheels and how to you find the ride comfort? 

Do you have the optional comfort seats? 

19s and find comfort better than my F11 on 18s. Standard M Sport seats that I find more comfortable on a long run than  my work HSE discovery!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Updating this thread now that have a G31 520d MHT. 

Best mpg over 180 mile motorway trip was 65mpg averaging 63 miles an hour.

Regularly get 55 to 60 mpg on motorway runs depending on traffic and weather. 

It's about 20% more fuel efficient than my old 2010 F11 520d