Forum 5

I had a dream…

duncan-uk

• 3 months later...

@duncan-uk Whether you have anything that suits or not is relative.

I've seen Astra vans and Micras bombing around on track and having great fun, some being propper leaned on.

Anything is suitable if it wont drop its liquids or other body parts on the track. Then its just a case of how much consumables wear you can tolerate cost wise. If its heavy, brakes and tyres take a beating, but if you sont drive it too hard should survive a single event.

Really all you need as a bare minimum is some pads that can take high temps and brake fluid change. That's it.

P.S. They dont allow drifting on TD's, one usually get black flagged and repeated violations result in being kicked out. Ask me how I know 🤪

P.P.S. I have a tool built for the job that hasn't moved in over a year 😭 maybe I should consider forum rentals, but then there is the road tax, mot, and maintenance to do to be abuse ready.

Edited by Humour

We did loads back in the day but my fleet consists an e46 330i auto convertible, a 530d manual or an F11 535i again auto. Whilst i realise you can track anything i dont think i would get any pleasure from any of them.

The e28 had e34 M5 brakes, M5 ARBs, Bilstein B8's and H&R springs, adjustable top mounts , ported head, remap and Fritz bits exhaust and i ran track tyres - it was well up to the task.