Forum 5

B47 Oil Brand

I normally use the Shell Helix LL04 stuff but I’m thinking about the LIQUI Moly brand instead or even buy the stuff direct from BMW.

I’m due a change in 2k (10k intervals)

Any thoughts anybody?

I’ve used various viscosities of Castrol, Shell and febi oil in my car.

Always LL04 so in it goes. 

A00922-C4-454-C-4-BFD-8-E9-E-72-C00-A4-B

019-A87-CF-5-E21-4000-A81-D-C8-DFCFC230-

Have to say after the febi oil went in, the engine sounded really smooth on first start up. 

Can’t recall if mine is currently running on febi or Castrol atm. Next lot is shell. 

• Thanks 1

Shell Helix LL04 for me, I used to audit OEM suppliers so I’ve seen what a bad supplier can do and stick to trusted brands.

Life hack -  I won’t be bargain hunting for fluids online anymore…

Courier delivered this mess which dripped oil all up my path and covered the porch floor in oil. God knows what his van looked like.

Retailer was fine with the refund, but it’s just admin tasks you don’t need and a delay on the oil change!

Shop local!

5B1476C4-2613-432D-B09E-00D939ECA84F.jpeg

21B2240E-0403-478A-92F7-2690E60FB80F.jpeg

• Sad 3

^FFS!

The oil I've had couriered usually comes sealed in a poly bag inside a box.

I got a good deal from ECP and it was their local store that delivered it in their van so the helpful lass just jumped out and handed me two bottles as it had only been driven 5 miles at most in the back of a small van.

0-D5-BBEBC-838-F-45-EB-8272-A5173-D20850

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liam2594 said:

Another point to note, worth looking at their service kit and getting the price up to £75 for free delivery, plus there's discounts on there for signing up. 

I wish you’d told me beforehand!

They have a fair few offers running occasionally so definitely worth keeping an eye on there. They seem to be one of the few places that stock MAHLE filters too, which pretty much every time I've changed filters on a BMW which has had genuine parts, they tend to be MAHLE. 

yep Amazon by far the cheapest at the moment at £33 for 4l. I have both cars to do in a month or so,  I will buy 3 x 4l to cover them (6.5l for mine and 4.5l for the 1er). The other stuff (oil filters, air filters and cabin filters) I started looking around and thought I havent looked at Halfords for years, and I have a trade card!

Much cheaper than all the others by a long way, both cars is £125 for all the filters (decent brand Bosch, Mahle etc and carbon cabin filters etc), so £225 gets me it all.

Edited by Percha