Forum 5

HRH Queen Elizabeth II - RIP

I was lucky enough to meet HM The Late Queen and the then HRH Prince Charles during my Army career.

Neither made you feel small or insignificant, both treated you with respect and listened when you spoke. Many throughout the world can learn from Her Late Majesty.

As a nation we can only hope His Majesty King Charles III follows well in such well travelled footsteps.

• Like 2

I can’t help but think this is a seismic day in modern history. 

I must say too the coverage on radio 4 this evening is a celebration and quite uplifting and not the rather turgid and solemnity of Prince Phillip’s passing. 

RIP HRH

Very sad, she looked so frail in the last few days.

I'm not a hard core royalist and like certain members of the group, but with the Queen it's like losing someone of your own family in a way, very hard to describe.

She'd being doing the job all our lives, so was part of the everyday world. 

2 hours ago, Loadmaster V2 said:

with the Queen it's like losing someone of your own family in a way, very hard to describe.

She'd being doing the job all our lives, so was part of the everyday world. 

This is exactly how I feel.  In common with pretty much everyone else, the Queen has always been there during my entire life.  A constant in an ever changing world.  Her death hit me hard yesterday, which came as a little bit of a surprise.  It was like how it felt to lose a Grandparent.  The World won't be the same without her - RIP Your Majesty.

I am sure His Majesty King Charles will do well in his new role.  He is a genuine, kind, likable and decent man very much in the mould of his Mother.  The Throne is in safe hands.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

This is exactly how I feel.  In common with pretty much everyone else, the Queen has always been there during my entire life.  A constant in an ever changing world.  Her death hit me hard yesterday, which came as a little bit of a surprise.  It was like how it felt to lose a Grandparent.  The World won't be the same without her - RIP Your Majesty.

I am sure His Majesty King Charles will do well in his new role.  He is a genuine, kind, likable and decent man very much in the mould of his Mother.  The Throne is in safe hands.

It's hit both our families hard too

As it's being said a lot; she's been the constant in our families since day dot really... My Dad was born 1951, my Mum 1953 and my wife's parents later on in the 50s

I lost my Nan in 2013; didn't know my Grandma as she died in 1982 when I was 3... My wife's lost her Nana late 2019 and it's brought all that back TBH...

A sad, sad day & it's going to be sad times over the next week or so...

But; as we've always said; mourning needs to be done, but celebrating their life is much, much more important

Sad indeed. Rest In Peace.

I didn’t realise I was a Royalist as a youngster, but as I’ve gotten older I just appreciate what they do and represent for the country more and more. I love visiting the royal residences when on holiday.

Sadly it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get the day off work to observe Her Majesty’s funeral. Too last minute but I’m sure I’ll have it on on my phone.