Forum 5

Bouncing sensation

Anyway driving along normally, hit a small indentation in road (not a pot hole), Heard a loud thud then whole car proceeded to bounce along for a few meters, slowed car down was only doing 30mph at the time. Then accelerated, car fine since although feels a touch bouncy every now and again (not as bad as 1st time).

Car has standard MSport suspension with H+R springs.

I would of understood sensation if car had comfort suspension fitted but it doesn't.

Car is a 2015 BMW F11 535i

I suspect faulty shock/s or broken spring.

Any Ideas?

Don't suppose this has any bearing but rear wiper packed up 2 days prior, new motor on order.

1 minute ago, Snakle535i said:

I suspect faulty shock/s or broken spring.

+1.  

Bounce is in theory controlled by the shocks as the dampen out the rebound of the spring.

Look for misting at the top of the shocks.  If they are leaking you will see it and may even smell a hydraulic oil.  I could on mine.

DSCN4409.jpg

A failing airbag or compressor isn't going to introduce bounce, that is what the dampers are for.  Failing airbags will be obvious as the car will sit lower on one or both rear sides and/or you will end up bottoming out the suspension over rough roads.