Forum 5

Useful BMW tech info?

• 3 weeks later...

Attached some more useful information?

If I find anymore stuff, I will also upload it here.

Let me know if this should go somewhere else.

I've got a particular interest in F07N, as I've got one upgrade left (3G to 4G upgrade and taking NBT to EVO ID6).

In an ideal world, there should be a load of documentation from the BMW technical university scattered across the web, just a case of finding it and collating it here🤣

Every journey starts with a first step....

cic-headunit-high.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having just sold my F07, I still feel it was the best all round car I've ever owned and at 60 years old I've had loads of cars. Glad you're a fan Kopfjaeger - I would seriously consider ditching my G31 in favour of a low mileage LCI model if one came up.

The F07 is a rare sight on UK roads, because it wasn't readily adopted by our public mainly due to the 'big bum, awkward' looks, but I believe it was ahead of it's time and now we are seeing similar design concepts from other manufacturers. Based on the 7 series platform, it provides a more refined environment and is much more spacious than the 5 series saloon or touring variants. It was clearly marketed wrong, because the newer model is branded as a 6 series and I think it lacked the sporting looks that buyers expect from a 5 series.

Perhaps I'm biased, but if you like big BMWs and haven't ever tried an F07, you should - 7 series comfort with X5 space.

Anyway, for anyone who might be interested, there is a lot of information in this complete 124 page training manual:-

https://autodiagcart.com/wrd/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/F07-Complete-Vehicle.pdf

@Greenfingers....thanks for the share.

My F07N is my first BMW experience, and I consider myself lucky. I bought it when it was 3 years old with 16.6k on the clock...

I've added, what I consider essentials:

Reversing camera (3AG, using a 5DL ECU)

Front fog lamps

Steering wheel paddle shifters

Top view (3AH, coded as 5DL in ECU).

As the car is a keeper,  I'm planning a 4G upgrade, which will also mean upgrading NBT to EVO, later this year.

My Son wants me to bin the N55 engine and drop in a V8....🤣🤣🤣