Forum 5

vehiclescore.co.uk - you what mate?

PZero

Someone at work looking to buy a car was talking about having checked it on vehiclescore.co.uk, which I'd not heard of until now. Out of curiosity I put my VRM in... Eh?

Apparently my car is going to die in a year, as E39 525's don't make it past 118-128k according to this. This is the average on data which they claim was obtained from the DVLA.

image.thumb.png.09dfed5a959450885cad2391708c6af0.png

Not posting this because I'm worried by this, means nothing to me. Anything mechanical on mine gets sorted at first sign of trouble and I'm aware that this is based on averages (albeit of only 1092 E39 525's apparently). However it did occur to me that this could be a headache when selling a car.

I have no plans on selling, but if I did try to sell mine which has had £1000's spent on mechanical, bodywork, servicing and anything else it needs over the few years I've had it, great condition and as shown above has never failed an MOT... and then some buyer starts arguing price because according to this site it's only rated 340 out of 1000 and only has a year left in it, I'd be a bit pissed.

Anyone had any issues due to this site before?

Edited by PZero

No  but then I'm not considering selling. My 5GT scored 662/1000, with 36 years of life left...158k miles to go....

It might be useful for some people, but as you say, if you've got history and you've looked after the car, its irrelevant? Besides, as the seller, you don't have to accept a derisory offer, unless your desperate.. Most peope will use the Glass or Parkers guide prices to haggle with?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2023 at 22:39, 4aceman said:

These cars are approaching modern classic status, these kind of sites and especially the car value evaluations just don’t work.

Put my M5 in and it came up at £19k-£24k.... lol at half that amount I'd chew your arm off...