Forum 5

BMW E39 530i - £16k

What the heck? I would probably part with my M5 for that money. That's bonkers for a 530i even if it is a champagne edition. Looks smart but it's at that mileage and age where every part of the suspension will be soggy at best unless someone has already replaced it all.

1 hour ago, E39mad said:

No oil change for 5 years - no thank you.

So basically it's a 100k mile car - about the half the price would my thought.

Yer burrit ad a new engine innit, annit?

😂

Engine was "replaced" in 2010 when the car was 7 years old.  Out of warranty.  Begs the question of what with?

If it's a recon there are  many places of questionable quality.

Not even worth investigating anyway at that price.

Edited by Dbcrd

Hi,

To have a remote chance of selling at £16K or as close to that amount, the car would need to be

1. Sub 25K miles

2. Totally and completely original

3. No replaced engines, or accident damaged repairs

4. Impeccable service history with all receipts and evidence of works done since initially being registered new - ie advert implies none or not much history prior to 2008

5. A reason for why if a new engine at 31023 miles was fitted, it wasn't serviced for 33000 miles

6. Have a note to say there's a LOT more high resolution photo's available and that any potential buyer can extensively view and check the car over comprehensively. 

Given the lack of the above, I'd say this is a £5/6K asking price car with a selling price of £4500/5500. Yes, some will say it's 'worth' a lot more, and maybe so to perhaps a small or select few potential buyers but then it's a case of waiting to see if/when any of those come forward to actually purchase at a higher selling amount!

I don't 'blame' lots of people for asking very high asking prices, it's been a fashion and trend the last few years and often with cars where just in small pictures you can see all the blemishes and problems and why many remain unsold for months and sometimes, years on end. It's the hope that someone believes the hype and splashes out - and it rarely happens!

Cheers, Dennis!