Forum 5

Which battery and will it require coding?

E39mad

The F11 is 12 years old this month and still on the original battery which gave another low warning today.

Am thinking it's about time it was replaced.

So what do people fit to their 520d and will it require coding.

Thanks

Edited by E39mad

Go and look under the boot floor and see what's there and/or look up your car on Tayna batteries website.

It's possible your battery might be slightly smaller but this should fit and is what I fitted to my 535i.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/bosch/s5a13/

It will need coding. You either pay someone to do it or buy Bimmerlink which is an app where you can easily do it yourself. If you are changing the size and type of battery then you also need to buy Bimmercode to change the battery setting on the car. Both are in the app store and are about £30 or so each. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve84N said:

Go and look under the boot floor and see what's there and/or look up your car on Tayna batteries website.

It's possible your battery might be slightly smaller but this should fit and is what I fitted to my 535i.

It will need coding. You either pay someone to do it or buy Bimmerlink which is an app where you can easily do it yourself. If you are changing the size and type of battery then you also need to buy Bimmercode to change the battery setting on the car. Both are in the app store and are about £30 or so each. 

Would Bimmerlink or Bimmercode allow the coding of a rack to the car?

58 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Thanks - Yes, seems not - i looked after i posted - but thought its more forum content!

Indeed. I'm currently looking to see where I can reliably buy ISTA from.

I've already got Bimmerlink, Bimmercode and MHD diagnostics. Esys looks like a minefield and I'm also considering Protool. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 08/12/2022 at 10:49, Steve84N said:

I'll need to replace the battery in my F10 very soon as well and will be using Bimmercode to code the new one (95A new vs 90A current one).

In the app, i can only see 90A and 105A available for selection. Just wondering what selection you did at the time?

I'll be using an Android phone.

Thanks