Forum 5

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Tallman85

I am probably being unfair to my daughter being honest. My wife is much worse. I called her the other day and she was out for lunch with her friend in my other car and her friend was commenting how nice it was to get treated to a drive in it (Fiat 124 spider). I questioned my wife why she had decided to take that given her friend is pregnant and the car isnโ€™t exactly the most comfortable to get in and out of and she casually replied she just fancied a drive in it. When I got home from work I peaked in the window of the bmw and realised why she had opted to take the Fiat. Disgusting to say the least. Of course I was happy to show the evidence to her friend who is a bit of a clean freak ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2D5FCBE7-A339-49AE-98FE-00B8F44CB4C1.jpeg

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bmwsmx said:

I am probably being unfair to my daughter being honest. My wife is much worse. I called her the other day and she was out for lunch with her friend in my other car and her friend was commenting how nice it was to get treated to a drive in it (Fiat 124 spider). I questioned my wife why she had decided to take that given her friend is pregnant and the car isnโ€™t exactly the most comfortable to get in and out of and she casually replied she just fancied a drive in it. When I got home from work I peaked in the window of the bmw and realised why she had opted to take the Fiat. Disgusting to say the least. Of course I was happy to show the evidence to her friend who is a bit of a clean freak ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2D5FCBE7-A339-49AE-98FE-00B8F44CB4C1.jpeg

It looks more like a garage benchย ๐Ÿ˜‚

I like your interior thoughโ€ฆblack comfort seats with bamboo wood coupled with sport automaticโ€ฆlove it!ย ๐Ÿ˜

Not sure it happened to your car, but where i have the child seats attached, when i sometimes remove them, they left a mark on the leather seats - like creases and I donโ€™t think they will go away.

Edited by Tallman85

10 hours ago, Tallman85 said:

It looks more like a garage benchย ๐Ÿ˜‚

I like your interior thoughโ€ฆblack comfort seats with bamboo wood coupled with sport automaticโ€ฆlove it!ย ๐Ÿ˜

Not sure it happened to your car, but where i have the child seats attached, when i sometimes remove them, they left a mark on the leather seats - like creases and I donโ€™t think they will go away.

Thanks it is a nice combination. The comfort seatโ€™s really are great.ย 
ย 

my daughters child seat has a base that it sits on that doesnโ€™t rest on the bench so the leather it unaffected. It does have a leg that drops to the floor though that leaves an indentation on the floor mat permanently not really a big deal though.

Replaced the dodgy door actuator so all good once again. Car passed mot today as well. Got an advisory for the rear lower control arms. Need to identify specifically which ones they are talking about and check them out.

On 21/01/2023 at 16:45, Humour said:

@Tallman85

Good luck with No 6. If you find the solution, let me know.ย 

I may be interested in your black trims if surplus and all the clips are in place and it's the right variant with the later LCI idrive controller.ย 

Intercooler may just be the hoses orings. I replaced all 4 on mine as both ejd of the IC were leaking oil when I got it.ย 

So as some of you know, i have been trying to sort the wobble i have well over a yearโ€ฆalways suspecting from the back, bought new tires, balanced them more than ones, did wheel alignment, took it on the jack so they check shafts, bushes, prop shaftโ€ฆetcโ€ฆi also bought two used bmw alloys and tried them too and nothingโ€ฆ..and as you can immagine i was pissed off at the car to the point that i was and still am looking for another car and not a bmw of course.

today i had two hours to waste againโ€ฆand gambled removing the front wheels and put the two wheels i bought spare with shitty tires and they are not even balanced. ย I was shocked as the wobble went awayโ€ฆjust some steering vibrations at around 100km/h but that is understandable as the wheels are not balanced. I am baffled as I never suspected the front tires or wheels have something wrong as I thought the steering wheel would give you some sort bumps. ย I am impressed how the steering was absorbing it while the whole car wobbling badly.

Now of course the question is, is it a tire or the wheel? Tires are still from the previous owner, chinese and for winter only and they are due anywaysโ€ฆ

any thoughts? ย Would you believe that this can happen?ย 

2 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Spin the wheels up on a balancer and they will be able to see if it's a buckle or flat spot.

ย 

ย 

Hi Gonzo; you mean the rims alone or wheels mounted with tires? To spin on the balancer.

So, today I started work on the M5 I have in.

Job #1 swap the standard type memory M5 seats for M5 comforts with adaptive backrest.

Swapped over, coded in... No fooking bolsters.

I'm still miffed that these seats need THREE (YES THREE) different bus systems connecting to them

PT_CAN for the active bolsters.

K_BUS for the seat switch panel

K_CAN for the seat module

ย 

You can't make this shit upย ๐Ÿ˜…

• Confused 1

On 04/03/2023 at 20:52, Tallman85 said:

Hi Gonzo; you mean the rims alone or wheels mounted with tires? To spin on the balancer.

update:

yesterday I went to the tire shop, one of the front rims is slightly buckled/twisted, both front tires are shot and both were out of balance big time....no wonder I felt like bouncing around.ย 

are these 135 rims so susceptible to buckle? as I think I have 3 out of 4 that are slightly buckled and just got a quote on x4 new wheels from BMW ... over ยฃ2000!! crazy money...no way.

@Gonzo - here is where the chinisium wheels become so attractive....

2 hours ago, Tallman85 said:

update:

yesterday I went to the tire shop, one of the front rims is slightly buckled/twisted, both front tires are shot and both were out of balance big time....no wonder I felt like bouncing around.ย 

are these 135 rims so susceptible to buckle? as I think I have 3 out of 4 that are slightly buckled and just got a quote on x4 new wheels from BMW ... over ยฃ2000!! crazy money...no way.

@Gonzo - here is where the chinisium wheels become so attractive....

Yeah, I paid ยฃ2200 for 4 M5 wheels last year, not cheap mate.

I still have the M5 in for work, weather and finding more wrong than expected means I'm a week behind and counting.

Today I ordered all 4 metal brake lines for each corner as the front pair were advisories, so he is having all 4 corners done along with a set of Hel black braided lines...

The seat retrofit has been a pig of a job as I needed to run the additional wiring for the P-CAN to run the active bolsters. Passenger side was tested last week and Monday saw the drivers wired up. One side didn't work. After replacing the module, reality struck it was a motor issue inside the seat, so I had to strip the seat back down to gain access, I was then met with this sight.ย 

ย 

PXL_20230313_133118379.jpg

ย 

Anyhow, I climbed into the garage and pulled out an M5 active seat I had for a project and drilled out the rivets and borrowed the motor, bit of a pig tbh, I had to rivet it back into the new chair and then get my hog ring kit out but a couple of hours later and one very happy client I had it working again!

Moving onto today, I sacked off the interior to tackle the alternator replacement as the owner said the engine started hunting after he swapped it out, he had a refurb for me, so I fitted it after inspecting and noticing it didn't have a Valeo reg in it. After a lot of swearing, cuts, bruises, grazes etc I fired up the car and the MOFO was still hunting, the IBS and oil sensor were still offline, I could have cried but I'm paid by the hour so didn't.

After unplugging the can line to the reg the car idled properly and the IBS and oil sensor were back.

So, I climb into the garage and pull out a new Valeo reg.

I'll fit that tomorrow and report back ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

I still have the M5 in for work, weather and finding more wrong than expected means I'm a week behind and counting.

Today I ordered all 4 metal brake lines for each corner as the front pair were advisories, so he is having all 4 corners done along with a set of Hel black braided lines...

The seat retrofit has been a pig of a job as I needed to run the additional wiring for the P-CAN to run the active bolsters. Passenger side was tested last week and Monday saw the drivers wired up. One side didn't work. After replacing the module, reality struck it was a motor issue inside the seat, so I had to strip the seat back down to gain access, I was then met with this sight.ย 

ย 

PXL_20230313_133118379.jpg

ย 

Anyhow, I climbed into the garage and pulled out an M5 active seat I had for a project and drilled out the rivets and borrowed the motor, bit of a pig tbh, I had to rivet it back into the new chair and then get my hog ring kit out but a couple of hours later and one very happy client I had it working again!

Moving onto today, I sacked off the interior to tackle the alternator replacement as the owner said the engine started hunting after he swapped it out, he had a refurb for me, so I fitted it after inspecting and noticing it didn't have a Valeo reg in it. After a lot of swearing, cuts, bruises, grazes etc I fired up the car and the MOFO was still hunting, the IBS and oil sensor were still offline, I could have cried but I'm paid by the hour so didn't.

After unplugging the can line to the reg the car idled properly and the IBS and oil sensor were back.

So, I climb into the garage and pull out a new Valeo reg.

I'll fit that tomorrow and report back ๐Ÿ™‚

When you mention going inside your garage i guess you mean this right ๐Ÿ˜‚:

A30F2226-BE53-4845-AEEF-075D1F665E65.jpeg.7682ec766c12d10ba34838d31da9e5a6.jpeg

ย 

• Haha 2